LAW OFFICES OF CLARENCE M. DUNNAVILLE, JR., PC, Richmond, Virginia, (2001 to present)
- Trials and appeals in all federal and state courts.
- Substantial pro-bono practice.
HILL, TUCKER & MARSH, PC, Richmond, Virginia, 1991 - 2000
- Joined Civil Rights Icon Oliver Hill's law firm in 1991.
- Handled many trials and appeals in federal and state courts including a substantial number of civil rights cases.
- Appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Supreme Court of Virginia.
AT&T CORPORATION, New York, New York/Basking Ridge, New Jersey, 1965 – 1990
- Senor Attorney.
- Established AT&T telephone equipment distributors in Australia, Italy, Mexico and other countries.
- Headed a group of attorneys in United States v. AT&T (antitrust case involving the break up of AT&T).
ASSISTANT UNITED STATES ATTORNEY FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK, New York, New York , 1961 - 1965
- Appointed by Robert F. Kennedy as Assistant United States Attorney.
- Handled some of the most complex cases in which the United States was a party.
- Briefed and argued numerous appeals in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE, New York, New York, 1958 - 1961
- Staff Attorney
- Counsel to Internal Revenue Service officials.
- Tried cases in the Tax Court of the United States.
SAINT JOHN’S UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
- LL.B, 1957 (Honors).
MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
- B.A, 1954 (High Honors).
- Member Virginia State Bar Diversity Conference.
- Actively involved in pro bono work.
- Former Member, Virginia State Bar Task Force on Diversity.
- Member, Bar Association for the City of Richmond, Virginia (Nominating Committee, Administration of Justice Committee and Judiciary Committee).
- Former Member Chesterfield County Virginia Bar Association.
- Former Member, American Bar Association.
- Former Member, Virginia State Bar Bench-Bar Committee.
- Former Member, Board of Governors of the Senior Lawyers’ Conference of the Virginia State Bar.
- Member, National Board of Directors of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
- Lifetime Member, NAACP.
- Co-founder Oliver White Hill Foundation (1998).